Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chaotic Bliss Forum Index -> Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramkuss

re: Guild Rules

CHAOTIC BLISS GUILD RULES

The best way to guarantee that our members have the gaming experience they expect is to protect our guild name. Chaotic Bliss has people from every walk of life, from active duty military to motorcycle mechanics. The guild should be a place where all of that comes together and is enjoyed. The guild rules are in place to protect that belief and are not open for discussion and or individual interpretation.

No politics or religion will be discussed in any OPEN forum
No /ooc drama of any kind
No personal attacks on any person

VOICE CHAT
The ability to use voice chat will be mandatory. From past experience's those that are not willing to be involved with the guild in mumble will not make a good fit with us. No excessive cussing and absolutely no F bombs in our mumble. There will be one free for all mumble channel that is open to all and people will enter at that their own risk!

GUILD MAINS, ALTs, and RAIDING
Guild mains will always have priority in the guild over alts
Raid loot will be decided based on a DKP system
An individuals raiding schedule will never become a requirement for membership.

RANKS
Rank structure of Chaotic Bliss is simple and decision power is equally split between leaders, officer and class leaders. Any and all major guild decision are always put to the entire guild, not just the leadership. This we believe is important to ensure that everyone feels this is their guild.
Co-Guild leaders (Spye and Ramkus)
1 Senior Officer (Drahz)
Class Leaders (TBA)
Member (You)

re: Just to make sure the fit is right

When we say protect our guild name that is what that means.  Ramkus and I have the same belief about gaming, it is our hobby, NOT our life.

I am explaining that concept in detail to ensure no one joins under any false understanding of that meaning.

PERSONAL ATTACKS
I am not quite sure how to explain this better.  We do not care about the situation, from someone's personal belief to their ability as a player.  Attacking that person, in the guild or in the community will not be tolerated.  We are playing an MMO, if you think for one second you are not going to run into garbage players, you are a fool.  We will remove people from the guild, they will then in turn go off about us in a public forum.  Yes, we are requiring you to say nothing.  If we protect our guild name, we do not need to defend any of that drama, ever.

PUBLIC CHANNELS (within guild and within community)
This one for some people is very difficult and they just can not stay out of drama situations.  While you wear the guild name no public drama is allowed in any situation.  And no, you can not remove yourself  from the guild, go off and then get retagged!  (yes that has happened to answer your question!)  We do not care what the situation is, you have to think about the rest of us.  Remember we are protecting the guild name that we all wear.  That name has to stand for quality players, mature players, and above all else, respectful players.

OUR VIOCE CHAT

USE IS REQUIRED
We are not saying that you are required every minute you are online you have to be in voice chat.  We know some people do not like to talk over a voice chat or just don't feel like it after a bad day and we are fine with that.  What is mandatory is that during any raids or situations were it is needed.  For example, you are on the monk pulling team and wont talk in voice chat, you will not be on the monk pull team.

PUSH TO TALK MANATORY
We know some people may have limited abilities or don't like this.  Those people will be required to mute their voice.  Think about the absolute crap we would have to listen to if everyone had an open mic!!!  I know you breath, I don't want to listen to it!  I know you fart and burp, I don't want to listen to it!  I know your wife or husband or mommy yells at you, I don't want to listen to it and no one else does either!

F BOMBS, EXCESSIVE CUSSING, RELIGION or POLITICS 
There is no situation where this will be accepted.  I have heard all the lines that disagree with this rule.  From free speech to I served in the military, and I laughed at each one I have heard.  I use the F bomb everyday, many times and I love to talk politics and religion.  But there is no place for any of it here. Also you have no idea who is listening on the other end.  What if you drop an F bomb or make some stupid comment about your belief and a child hears it?

FREE FOR ALL CHANNEL
We will have one, you will probably never see me in it!  Ramkus will add a password to the channel..  The only rule that will apply in this channel is personal attacks.  We have been asked in the past to have this channel because some people just like to have the ability to be an idiot and let the world know they are an idiot!

FINAL UNDERSTANDING
We understand there are exceptions to every rule, and when those exceptions are needed we will do our best to accommodate them.  You get excited and drop an F bomb in open voice, you are not going to be removed.  We would never do that.  If Ramkus and I have one serious weakness, it is the members of the guild.  However, you get involved in an open channel drama situation and there will be no hesitation about your fit in CHAOTIC BLISS.

We are all from different walks of life with way different views on life, how to raise our children, our beliefs, but we all have come to one place to enjoy our hobby.  And we will protect that.

We understand bad days, we all log on to get away from that and relax and enjoy everyone in a place where all that crap does not matter.  But if you log into voice and tell us your mother was diagnosed with cancer and is going to die tomorrow.  How the hell did that help any of us?  Both Ramkus and I have been that ear when needed and when asked either one of us will go to a channel with just you and I.  (please ask for the ear of Ramkus!)  Ramkus and I both understand that is our part of protecting everyone's game play and we will do it without hesitation.

We will raid, we will kill bosses, we will gear up, however if you need first server kills and have to be raiding tomorrow this is not going to be a good fit.  So you understand me clearly in this view point.  I would rather spend 4 hours raiding and fail with people I enjoy laughing with and talking with, then 4 hours of server first kills with a bunch of asshats.  This does not mean that if you are the worst tank ever you get to be a main tank!  But we will not put an asshat as main tank just to drop a boss. We will go grind exp!

We are hoping this is the game where we spend years and we want to spend years with other players.  But please, if any of this gives you the slightest pause because you enjoy drama or are what is known in our world as an elitist go elsewhere.  ASSHATS will be removed.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: